Sunday 29 May 2011

“A Sunday well-spent brings a week of content.”

Exodus 20:8-11
 “Remember the Sabbath day by keeping it holy. Six days you shall labor and do all your work,  but the seventh day is a sabbath to the LORD your God. On it you shall not do any work, neither you, nor your son or daughter, nor your male or female servant, nor your animals, nor any foreigner residing in your towns. For in six days the LORD made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, but he rested on the seventh day. Therefore the LORD blessed the Sabbath day and made it holy.



...so I'm hoping that y'all kept it holy today, went to church especially the Barcelona fans, to thank God for the victory. You know we meant to thank God during the bad times and good times, so wasee wa Man U, you have always won that cup it was Barcelona's time, i hope u went to church too. Speaking of soccer, I saw something interesting today. There was this couple in their car, the man was wearing a Barcelona jersey and his wife (assuming she was his wife) was wearing a Manchester United one and from the look on their faces


I am going to assume, things did not go well ...lol. I just found that interesting. Is this what soccer can do to people?? May God help us.
As for me I went to church, awesome time, the sermon was on fasting? Do you normally fast?? hmmmmmmm, thot so. when it comes to matters of food...O-o. Just a random question, do guys eat to live or live to eat??
 In the afternoon, I went to see a very close pal of mine in hospital. He has not been feeling well for quite some time but I believe and trust in our Almighty God that He is going restore his health, how else would we know that our God is a healer unless he heals?? I'm a witness and proof that He has done that so many times. Remember what I told u jana about prayer..tuendelee kuomba.




 Pray for yourselves and others. I do not have much to say today. I need to sleep early so that I can get me some beauty sleep coz u know we all need to keep it beautiful everyday ama? 
Anyways, I would like to share some few word from the Bible. Psalms 93:5, Your status stand firm: holiness adorns your house for endless days, O Lord. 
The key to God's eternal reign is his holiness. God's glory is seen not only in his strength but in his perfect moral character as well. God will never do anything that is not morally perfect. This reassures us that we can trust him, yet it places a demand on us. Our desire to be holy(dedicated to God and morally clean) is our suitable response. We must never use unholy means to reach  a holy goal because God says, "Be holy because I, the Lord your God, am Holy" ( Leviticus 19:1,2)
I'm sure you must be thinking, how can we be holy like God, thats like impossible...but I believe it so possible though I agree it aint an easy road but kama King David aliweza, and the way he had so much drama in his life. Just imagine, sijui he stole someone's wifey, bad manners, then killed her husband plus many other evil things but you know what, David was a man after God's own heart and like I always say, that right there is wanting to live a holy life. He repented from deep down his heart and God was with him.Having God's heart is being holy? I am imagining if i was God, si ningekuwa nimeuwa watu wengi, from the friends who have disappointed me and wronged me to the boyfriends who have hurt me...ehem, goodness..but I guess that is why me si Mungu..ha ha.
But then again, let us not pretend to be holy. I must confess that i have been a victim of this a couple of times of which i am not proud of myself.


For those who love spoken word or are newly addicts like me you should try and listen to this one right here, "does anybody know that you are a Christian" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnB02zrhcXk
It made me think a lot about my walk with Christ. "...does anybody know that you are a Christian by your actions or does everybody think you are Christian because you are acting.." AWESOME stuff I tell u,
its by this organization thats called Passion for Christ Movement,I encourage you to check out their website some time...inspirational stuff. 
I hope this will make your week be of content and of God.
KEEP IT HOLY!! :)

Heavenly Father, I ask you to bless my friends reading this. I ask You to minister to their spirit. Where there is pain, give them Your peace and mercy. Where there is self doubting, release a renewed confidence to work through them Where there is tiredness or exhaustion, I ask You to give them understanding, guidance, and strength. Where there is fear, reveal Your love and release to them Your courage.. Bless them, give them greater vision, and raise up leaders and friends to support and encourage them. I ask You to do these things in Jesus' name. Amen

GOD changed the status of David from a shepherd boy to king of Israel , Esther from a slave girl to a Queen and Joseph from a prisoner to the first (and only foreigner to become) Prime Minister of Egypt .
That same God will give you a new designation very soon in Jesus name. 

I love y'all but God's love is the greatest.


You can leave your comment below, i'd really appreciate it.
xoxo

2 comments:

  1. less than 10mins after u posted... co-incidentally nikaiona!
    n yeah... its really really hard to choose holiness over evil! forbidden fruit always tastes sweetest. but i think we need 2understand tht its a spiritual battle. funny thing about it is that it was already won @calvary... (fightn a battle tht was already won....hmmmmmm! awesome ryt?) n the journey through it all 2naimake pamoja na Yesu through GRACE... nothing about our works. just grace. but u knw wht, david made it through, joseph made it through, so did esther n so will karanja, muthoni, wanja, njoroge, kip, brenda.... in short c wote tutaweza pia.
    jesus wa io tym ni Jesus wa hii tym pia! He is the same yesterday today and forever! yeeeiya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha kwani ulikuwa unani timia?? Whatever u've said its true as well yes, we all can
    thank you for always taking ur time to read Ranji :)

    ReplyDelete