Saturday 28 May 2011

...#thelittlethings

I'm trusting that everyone had a beautiful day. Guess which song is running or is playing through my head...Ok...fine....I know you can not guess even with the slightest of clues so lemme just tell you anyway...Kirk Franklin's song "I smile" :)
That song right there should be 'a must listen to' every morning all thanks to my bestie, Maryanne a.k.a mariru
 ( for those who are not kikuyus like me it means sweetheart), she's lives by  the true definition of that name. You know like when you here someone is called Bubbles, you expect her to be all bubbly... yap, thats what I mean. 
Aint she pretty?? For the men who what her number or hook up...unaweza ni ona kando..lol jk, you have to be like Christ to win her heart...#true story.
 So, as I was saying, y'all should be listening to this song(  it not loud, angelic voices, the right tempo for doing a morning dance...kuchangamka tu) as you take breakfast or as you dress for school or work or wherever you do when you wake up, after "the" prayer of thanking God for letting you wake up and all. I slept at 4a.m knowing that I had a class at 9a.m(the wrong choices we make in life...tsk tsk tsk)

 meaning three hours of intensive sleeping which wasn't helpful at all. Before I went "to bed" jana, I told mummy to wake me up....because mimi na usingizi...ehem, I dread the day I will start working, and to make matters worse but I still think its good...for now. I'm in a school where you can choose the time you want to go for class. If I tell you my weekday schedule...you might start judging me... he he. Its just unfortunate that this Saturday class was a must have, I had no choice on this one but someone told me, when you get a sato class, its a sign that your finishing school...yipee!! :)
 I like sharing many stories and being a girl, it does not get any better, I have to explain in detail so bear with me when I get side lined at times, but i'm working on it, dont want you to go all yawning on me.

 Back to the #truestory, I put the alarm to wake me up 7:30a.m which I will have like 45 min to get ready for the day and bounce to school. P.s I never hear the alarm so I dont even know why I bother putting it but maybe because I'm hoping that one day...one fateful day....I will...be able...to hear it.(insert Obama's voice). 
After I put my head down for a few minutes, I know it was a few minutes, my phone rings....walalala!!!! Guess who was calling...MRS RUTTO. I struggled to look at the time and it was 8a.m then she goes, "kwani leo kumeendaje( sensing all the sarcasm in her voice), you are not going to school? ebu check the time" I can not remember what happened after that coz i blacked out for a serious  30min THEN... I got really upset when mummy decides to bang..not knock..BANG on my door. You can imagine the shock, the confusion, I thought tumekuja kuibiwa leo. 

And she couldnt stop till I opened the door...thats tough love right there. Bado nampenda, since it was 8:30 I did not even bother doing things in a hurry because either way, I was and will be late and worse my back still hurt. I acquired a new walking style, u should have seen me today...#sigh. I tried taking the shower haraka then as I was dressing up I decided to listen to the jams(multi tasking.. aha) that Mariru had given to me the previous day and the first song to play was the 'I smile" song, I listened to it and I was like, how appropriate... it goes, "this song is for you....today is a new day, but there is no sunshine, nothing but clouds and its dark in my heart and it feels like a cold night...today's a new day...but where are my blue skies, where is the love and the joy..." ( you should listen to it for yourself) and it goes on, on how you should always smile even though your day has started bad like being late for your Saturday 9a.m class. I changed my attitude and tried to at least hasten  my speed of doing things. Did everything in a flash and in a split of a second, I was out of the house. After walking a few meters away from the house in my head... I was like God, si leo u make my lecturer be late for class and at the same time leave early so that I can be back home and sleep my afternoon away?? #purebliss, then I started looking for my kabambe(phone) and alas, it wasnt there, aaaaaaaaaaaaargh and I could not imagine a day without it., so I run back home (Rudisha style) and I remember leaving the house at exactly 9( believe me I did all that in 30 min)
I rushed to my room, picked the kabambe, went to the bus stop and the only matatu going to town had three guys inside, and it could not leave until it was full. Since I had no other choice, I had to enter and I continued praying the prayer for making my lecturer late. After like ten minutes the mat was full. Btw, one day I will share my matatu stories with u...everyday single day that I use one something funny or annoying has to happen, like today, this guy enters the mat and as it was leaving, he tells the kange..."si msime hii retio yenu kama haina sauti poa" with a heavy kale accent( i'm not hating coz I am a proud kale... its just that...) I could not hold my laughter...LMAO :-D plus it was beautiful day that needed a good laugh. 
Guess what people, when I reached class, like at 9:30 I find some guy who is not our lecturer and it seems like he had just entered class because he was telling the other guys that our lecturer could not make it for class but he will be teaching us. You should have seen my face... glorious!!
So I take my sit, the lecture goes on till ten, then the new guy asks, "do you guys want to go for a break or should we finish whatever i had planned for you so that you can leave early..lets say at eleven...?" You should have seen my face again... super glorious!!!!
Thank God that everyone thought like me..genius classmates, we all agreed that we can wait so that the class can end early mind you, its a class that would normally end at one o'clock in the afternoon, but you know what, I know that this was God, honestly, or how else would you explain such an epic day?? So I told God, thanks for being so considerate. and you can imagine how I ran back home for the afternoon siesta and now i'm feeling kinda better, my back hurts less...can i get an AMEN for that!

THANK YOU! anyways, i'm sure u might be wondering all that for just that. My point today is that, 1.God will always answer your prayers. 2. God recognizes the little things you do or say to Him, even though they seem like jokes I mean He is the author of humor anyways. 3. God understands his people and finally, let us always learn to pray at all times, for the food that we eat, for the guy sitted next to you in a matatu, your friends, your family, for your lecturer, for your schoolmates, for your boyfriend/your girlfriend,  just pray for anything that come to your mind at that time that u decide to take a few minutes and talk to God. There is a saying ...yaani msemo..."When you pray for others God listens to you and

blesses them, and sometimes when you are safe and happy remember that someone has prayed for you. I am living proof of that.


In Psalm 50:15 it says "Call upon me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you will honor me." as well as in Matthew 6:5-12 "And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by men. I tell you the truth, they have received their reward in full. But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words. Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him. "This, then, is how you should pray: "'Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name, your kingdom come, your will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us today our daily bread. Forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors. 
Let us learn to pray guys!!
Its getting late, and I need to sleep early so that I can make it for church kesho...yes, lazima watu waende church hakuna story za bedside baptist


Take care of yourselves, ile team ilishindwa...poleni sana..kuna next season. I love y'all but God's love is the greatest.

Food for thought: As you might remember, the head of a company survived 
9/11 because his son started kindergarten.
Another fellow was alive because it was 
His turn to bring donuts. 
One woman was late because her 
Alarm clock didn't go off in time. 
One was late because of being stuck on the NJ Turnpike
Because of an auto accident. 
One of them Missed his bus. One spilled food on her clothes and had to take Time to change. One's Car wouldn't start. One couldn't Get a taxi. The one that struck me was the man 
Who put on a new pair of shoes that morning, 
Took the various means to get to work 
But before he got there, he developed 
a blister on his foot. He stopped at a drugstore to buy a Band-Aid. 
That is why he is alive today.. Now when I am --Stuck in traffic , --Miss an elevator,-Turn back to answer a ringing telephone ... --All the little things that annoy me. 
I think to myself, this is exactly where 
God wants me to be at this very moment.. 
Next time your morning seems to be 
Going wrong , You can't seem to find the car keys, 
You hit every traffic light,
Don't get mad or frustrated; 
It May be just that God is at work watching over you. 
May God continue to bless you 
With all those annoying little things 
And may you remember their possible purpose.

EVERY TIME IS PRAYER TIME

follow me on twitter @missRutto



2 comments:

  1. yay! finally naweza comment. maze this is awesome. God anku use vimajor! ulifanya aje pia mimi nadai kutumiwa. nwayz good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i dont have the right words coz hii ni fyam!! Good stuff dre! Miss Kibisu anaweza pewa credit for this ama !!!

    ReplyDelete